Place of The Seven Ponds
The Place of the Seven Ponds was erected in 1969 in honour of the nation's fallen heroes. The bodies of the late Presidents, L.F.S Burnham, Desmond Hoyte, Arthur Chung, National Poet, Martin Carter and Governor General, Sir David Rose are buried at this shrine.
Cheddi Jagan Research Centre
The Red House was once the residence of Sir Eustace Woolford (Speaker of the National Assembly). It was acquired by the colony of British Guiana in 1925 and was used as residence by several Colonial Secretaries and former Presidents Dr Cheddi Jagan and Janet Jagan. It is now houses the Cheddi Jagan Research Centre.
The High Court
The High Court originally the Victoria Law Courts was opened on May 24th 1887. The building was designed by Mr Hutchins with titular assistance by a Dutch Hydraulics Engineer Baron Hora Siccama and Caesar Castellani.
City Hall was formally opened in 1889. It was after Governor Sir Henry Turner Irving, K.C.M.G laid the foundation stone of the City Hall in December 1887. City Hall was designed by Reverend Ignatius Scoles who submitted the winning entry titled "Petimusque Vicissim" to committee appointed to make plans for the construction of a town hall.
The Light House
The 103 Feet high structure was first constructed by the Dutch in 1817. It was a wooden structure and was illuminated with oil lamps. The wooden structure was replaced in 1829-1830 by the present structure.
Designed by Joseph Hadfield, this brick structure was constructed from 1829 to 1834 and rests on a foundation of greenheart logs. It is a model of 19th Century architecture and is one of two domed buildings in the city. Today, this building houses the country's National Assembly.